partner hiscox BHIB

Created for creatives, protected by professionals

Create is brought to you by BHIB Insurance Brokers, one of the UK’s leading independent insurance brokers.

Based in Leicestershire, BHIB have over 50 years of trading history. Our team of dedicated insurance specialists have already insured hundreds of customers on our specially created BHIB Media and Entertainment packages for the creative industry. We do our thing, so you can do yours.

freelance makeup artist

We’ve got some great people on your side

Our freelance insurance package is underwritten by Hiscox, an award-winning specialist insurer with over 100 years’ experience. They currently provide public liability cover and professional indemnity insurance for over 300,000 businesses like yours in the UK.†

We have also partnered with Vitality for life insurance and income protection, an innovative health insurer who reward you for being healthy.

Why choose Create?

At Create, we’re as enthusiastic about insurance as you are about being creative.

From photographers to script writers and make-up artists to camera assistants, we’ve spent time with creative people to see what they’d like to see in their self-employed insurance. We know no two days are the same as a freelancer. So your insurance doesn’t have to be either. That’s why we’ve worked hard on a flexible insurance solution, created especially for freelancers.

Chasing invoices, mountains of expense receipts and finding new clients is never fun either. With prices starting from £3.74* per month and no hidden fees, only pay for what you need. Whether you’re looking to protect your kit, others around you or your reputation, it’s simple to set up and easy to adjust.
* All premiums quoted include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the prevailing rate.


freelance photographer

Your profession, your project, your protection.

Create starts with core covers of public liability or equipment insurance. You can then choose to add on extras to suit you.


Project involving people? Protect those around you with up to £5m public liability cover. Complaints, court fees and compensation claims can be expensive and time consuming, so it is a good idea to get cover if you’re working with the public. Some businesses, events and clients may even request it as part of working with them.


Professional indemnity insurance protects you against unhappy clients. If your work, product or advice has not met their expectations, a client may raise a claim against you. A professional indemnity policy would cover you for legal expenses, court fees and any compensation costs that may arise, subject to terms and conditions of your policy.


Equipment insurance covers your important kit, tools and devices against theft, loss and accidents. So, if you accidentally leave your tripod on a train or have a mishap with your make up kit, it's a good idea to insure the things you need to do your job.


If you employ other people to work on your projects, you should consider employers’ liability. Whether you employ a camera assistant or makeup artist, if you have hired them then you have a responsibility for their safety at work. Employers’ liability insurance protects your business, for example, if an employee files a claim against you because they were injured or have a dispute as a result of working for you.


Sound like a freelance insurance solution for you?

Get a quote today and create the right insurance package for you

Get a quote

Get in touch


AGM House
3 Barton Close
Grove Park, Enderby
LE19 1SJ

Main Navigation

Types of cover

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap