No hidden fees, no jargon, no problem.

From photographers to makeup artists, we asked creatives what they’d like to see in self employed insurance. Here are a few reasons Create is worth shouting about.

freelance makeup artist
freelance photographer
tick 1

Easy online claims

Lost lens, missing make up or stolen sound equipment? Report claims, submit receipts and add evidence online.

Short term solutions

Only need us for a week? No problem. Choose project-by-project insurance, with annual or short term options.

tick 3

Only pay for what you need

Chasing invoices and organising accounts is never fun. Explore prices from £3.74 a month with no hidden fees.

Get legal guidance

All policies come with access to a 24/7 legal helpline to assist in the day-to-day running of your business.

Be insured for adventures

Photoshoot in Florence? Catwalk in Canada? Get the right cover for your project with worldwide insurance.

Add extra job roles

Fashion photographer and wedding videographer? Create flexible insurance to suit your forward-slash.

Your profession, your project, your protection.

Create starts with core covers of public liability or equipment insurance. You can then choose to add on extras to suit you.


Project involving people? Protect those around you with up to £5m public liability cover. Complaints, court fees and compensation claims can be expensive and time consuming, so it is a good idea to get cover if you’re working with the public. Some businesses, events and clients may even request it as part of working with them.


Professional indemnity insurance protects you against unhappy clients. If your work, product or advice has not met their expectations, a client may raise a claim against you. A professional indemnity policy would cover you for legal expenses, court fees and any compensation costs that may arise, subject to terms and conditions of your policy.


Equipment insurance covers your important kit, tools and devices against theft, loss and accidents. So, if you accidentally leave your tripod on a train or have a mishap with your make up kit, it's a good idea to insure the things you need to do your job.


If you employ other people to work on your projects, you should consider employers’ liability. Whether you employ a camera assistant or makeup artist, if you have hired them then you have a responsibility for their safety at work. Employers’ liability insurance protects your business, for example, if an employee files a claim against you because they were injured or have a dispute as a result of working for you.


Ticking all the boxes for your profession?

Create the right insurance package for you and get a quote today

Get a quote
Rewards Heart Get rewards for being healthy
Buy Vitality life insurance and get rewarded!

From Apple watches to Amazon Prime, Vitality is the life insurance that rewards you for a healthy lifestyle. We’ve partnered with Vitality because we believe that they can offer Freelancers some great services, and you can receive some fantastic rewards too!

Find out more

Get in touch


AGM House
3 Barton Close
Grove Park, Enderby
LE19 1SJ

Main Navigation

Types of cover

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap