Public liability insurance for market traders

Public Liability insurance can provide cover to market traders and stallholders in case there is an accident that results in a claim for injury or damage made against your business.

For example, if a member of the public suffers an injury after tripping over the stock beside your stall then they could make a claim against you.

Public Liability insurance can offer protection for your business against the unexpected costs you could incur if you are found legally liable for causing injury to other people or damage to their property.

Other insurance to consider

As well as Public Liability insurance, you can also get a quote for:

Stock insurance

Stock insurance for market traders provides cover for your stock while it is at home, in storage, at the market or in your vehicle.

Cover for your stall, fixtures, fittings and general contents is also included and the policy can be extended to include cover for attending exhibitions, festivals and events.

Employers' Liability insurance

This can provide cover for any legal liability to pay damages, legal fees and expenses which may arise as a result of an injury to any of your employees during the craft fair.

For most UK businesses with employees it is a legal requirement to have a minimum of £5m Employers’ Liability cover.

Find out more: Employers’ Liability insurance

Get short term insurance from £28* a week

Whether you need equipment or public liability insurance, adjust your cover to suit the time it's needed for.

Get a quote

Get in touch


AGM House
3 Barton Close
Grove Park, Enderby
LE19 1SJ

Main Navigation

Types of cover

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap